What Makes Doing Janitorial Jobs an Ideal Career?
It is not easy to be so good at doing something. For every kind of job, one can be an expert and skillful with proper training and experience. Small or big jobs, there are just certain people who are so good at it and whom you can hire.
One of the most underestimated and underrated jobs in the industry are those involved in janitorial service. All over the world, many are still unaware that janitorial jobs are not that easy to do and the professionals of them are not given the appreciation that they deserve. To some countries, many prefer to do janitorial jobs because of the advantages they can fully enjoy. Here are some good things to expect when one takes on a janitorial career.
(1) High salary – Throughout the years, the annual salary of janitors have doubled. Still it depends of the industry and state he is in. For an average full-time janitor or custodian, he can earn as much as $25,000 to $37,000 yearly. No information is too much for you, you want to learn more when you’re already familiar with it. Perhaps because the information related to this topic is easily available. Nonetheless, finding quality material is difficult. For further details on the topic, check out this website.
(2) Flexible hours – One who does janitorial jobs will have a cleaning schedule. Depending on the building they have to maintain, most of the time cleaning is implemented when needed. Also, it is not everyday that the whole building must undergo cleaning and sanitizing. Areas with high foot traffic such as the lounge, comfort rooms, break room, and the like are those that must be on the watchlist and priorities of the janitor. Other areas can be cleaned for at least two times a week only.
(3) Continuous learning – Everyday a janitor will encounter a situation and he must remedy it. He will be tasked to apply different cleaning techniques and even do various building maintenance works just to address the situation.
(4) Becomes more sociable – A janitor or custodian meets various people from different walks of life. These people will call for him when they need help. He becomes a hero that saves the day. That is why it is also important for a janitor to be approachable, a good example, and can relate to others.
(5) Be your own boss – As long as the janitor or custodian is working hard in keeping the building clean, safe, secure, and risk-free for everyone, no one else can reprimand him on how his job should be done. That is because nobody else is the expert in doing janitorial jobs but him.
(6) It is a job to be proud of – Being a janitor is never a lowly and shameful job. Most establishments won’t run without the aid of janitorial jobs they hire. People may not give the highest reward but hearing from some how nice and clean the place is for them enough of a credit to receive.
Those who have being working hard at performing janitorial jobs, all the cheers come to you! If ever you are one of those that plan to be in this line of career, go for it. Who knows? You may not just be a janitor but a future owner of a janitorial company that provides nothing but the best services.